If you’re worried about getting covid-19 or concerned a loved may get it there are things you can do that I haven’t seen being discussed at all in mainstream media.
Your immune system is something you have control over. If your immune system is healthy and working optimally it has the capability of killing any virus.
Here are 7 things you can do to support your immune system.
- 1. Don’t stress! I believe this to be the most important thing you can do right now. Worry and stress shut down your immune system. It activates your stress hormones and activates fight or flight. If you are constantly in fear of a virus you are much more likely to have complications if you get it. This takes away the energy and resources the body needs to fight viruses and anything else your body does to keep you functioning optimally.
There is nothing to worry about-ever! Either you have control or you don’t. If you do, then take control. If you don’t, then dismiss it. Don’t waste your energy on worry!
- 2. Sleep! You have to get quality sleep. This is when your body has the best chance to heal itself.
- 3. Eat real healthy foods and avoid processed foods, junk food, sugar and gluten like it’s the coronavirus.
- 4. Supplement with scientifically proven supplements. Some of the best things you can add are: Turmeric, Ginger, vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Quercetin, Zinc and Elderberry. I’ve created an amazon link below to get them all in one place. I’ve researched the companies but feel free to do your own and get them somewhere else. Supplements aren’t regulated so don’t just buy the cheapest one you can find!
Link for supplements | https://a.co/9Zs4gPR
- 5. Move your body! Don’t just lie on the couch. Get some exercise. It will increase your immune system and mood.
- 6. Meditate – Meditation takes your body out of fight or flight. You need to get out of that stressful state daily!
- 7. Relationships- Keep in contact with family and friends. If you don’t have any friends or family contact me and I’ll talk to you! Your mental and emotional help will help with anxiety and stress.
The best thing you can do now is take care of your immune system and your loved ones. Stay safe and healthy!
written by Matt Hanson
I have compiled some of my favorite podcasts, YouTube videos relating to covid19 below.
Podcast- Empowering yourself in the face of Covid-19 with Dr. Patrick Hanaway By Dr. Mark Hyman
Podcast- Global pandemic, The human virome & thriving during chaos. By Shawn Stevens
by Matt Hanson, Las Vegas Personal Trainer, Nutritionist and Functional Medicine Health Coach